Bioinformatic Research Technician Position in Spain
Deadline:July 31, 2020
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Bachelor of Science in Statistics, Applied Statistics, Mathematics, Biology, Biochemistry or related studies to join the Molecular Oncology Laboratory at IRB Lleida (http://www.irblleida.org/en/research/41/molecular-oncology).
The candidate will work on an established research line focused in the discovery and validation of prognostic biomarkers to chemotherapeutic agents in colorectal cancer.
– Knowledge and skills in bioinformatics / biostatistics. Specifically, adapted to the context of experimental or clinical high-throughput data.
– Experience in the R program, SPSS and/or other bioinformatics and statistical programs.
– Good communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English, strong sense of responsibility, organization, initiative and self-motivation.
– Master’s degree in Bioinformatics or a related discipline.
– Experience in the application of statistics and bioinformatics in biomedical research.
– Knowledge of techniques for data processing of microarrays, RNA-seq and genome assembly.
– Ability to interact with a high level scientific environment.
– Ability to work in a team.
– Ability to meet deadlines.
– The selected candidate will join the Molecular Oncology Group to work in a research project with funding, both nationally and internationally. Specifically, the selected candidate will perform in silico association studies, search for biomarkers, response predictors or class, discover classes based on OMICs data (RNAseq, proteomics, whole exome sequencing, microarrays, metabolomics, etc.). Knowledge of machine learning techniques is required. The ability to give a functional interpretation of the relationships found will be valued.
– The selected candidate must be able to work with data in the form of a network and integrate OMICs data into networks as well as model both known networks (eg pathways) and new networks described in standards such as SMBL.
– The successful candidate will be employed under a full-time contract (37.5h/week) starting from September 2020 to 30 June 2021. The remuneration is € 29,500 gross salary per year, social security fee included (€ 22,247.36 gross per year).
– Dynamic and stimulating research environment in one of the leading Spanish institutions in the field of biomedical research.
Those interested please send an email and provide a letter of intention, curriculum vitae and the names and contact information for personal referral if available. Indicate in your email the subject the following reference: 021-20. The submission deadline will end on July 31st, 2020 at 23:59.
ABOUT IRB LLEIDA
IRBLleida acts as a cluster of all biomedical research carried out in Lleida and belongs to two players that conduct health research and implement innovation policies:
. The University of Lleida (UdL) includes researchers from the Faculties of Medicine, Nursing and Physiotherapy.
· The Department of Health, includes researchers from Arnau de Vilanova University Hospital (HUAV), Santa María University Hospital (HUSM), Catalan Health Institute (ICS) and Lleida Primary Care and Community.
IRBLleida is a CERCA center, the biocluster supported and supervised by the Autonomous Government of Catalonia, and it is also accredited as a Centre of Excellence by Carlos III Health Institute (funded by Spanish Government).
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application to [email protected]