Research Position at ICON, Boston
Location: Boston, MA.
Who are We? ICON is a global provider of outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. We specialize in the strategic development, management, and analysis of programs that support Clinical Development – from compound selection to Phase I-IV clinical studies.
Benefits of Working at ICON: Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive benefits package. We provide our Senior Research Scientist with an excellent benefits package that includes a comprehensive health plan, retirement plans, competitive pay, vacation, and an annual incentive plan to reward performance.
• Ensures financial health of Statistical Analysis through budgeting and scope development, with oversight.
• Supports adequate and appropriate staffing of projects.
• Provides advice and leads discussions on the design and implementation of statistical analyses to more junior staff.
• Manages and reviews all analytical activities associated with mid-sized and/or medium complexity studies, with oversight.
• Manages and reviews all analytical activities associated with smaller and/or less complex studies.
• Manages timelines and budgets for Statistical Analysis tasks for midsized and/or medium complexity projects, with oversight.
• Manages timelines and budgets for Statistical Analysis tasks for smaller and/or less complex projects.
• Serves as primary liaison between Statistical Analysis and internal client on mid-sized and/or medium complexity projects, with oversight.
• * Serves as primary liaison between Statistical Analysis and internal client on smaller and/or less complex projects.
• Serves as primary Statistical Analysis contact for external clients on mid-sized and/or medium complexity projects, with oversight.
• Serves as primary Statistical Analysis contact for external clients on smaller and/or less complex projects.
• Supports and may attend proposal presentations/bid defense opportunities.
• Supports the development of new SOPs and revision of existing SOPs.
• Supports training others in the use of SOPs.
• Takes responsibility for a technical or administrative function or initiative within Statistical Analysis.
To Succeed You Will Need:
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience plus a Master’s Degree
- Ph.D. preferred (and no work experience necessary)
- Experience in observational research
- Ability to travel 10-15% when necessary
- Proficiency in:
- SAS Data step with simple conditional statements and variable creation.
- Performing simple merges and concatenation.
- Using complex conditional statements in SAS Data step.
- Performing complex merges (including one-to-many merges).
- Experience using:
- Macros and arrays for repetitive tasks.
- Descriptive statistics procedures for summarizing, restructuring, and outputting data.
- SAS Output Delivery System to control output from statistical procedures.
- In-depth technical expertise in:
- At least one advanced SAS statistical procedure or technique (e.g., repeated measures, survival analysis, SAS/Graph, advanced macros, etc.).
- At least one substantive area (e.g. statistics, epidemiology, pharmacoeconomics, patient-reported outcomes, etc.).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to direct and motivate others.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong client management skills.
What’s Next? Following your application, you will be contacted by one of our dedicated recruiters and if successful we will be able to provide you with more details about this opportunity.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer -Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.