Become a Scientific Reporter
The Scientific Reporters accepts knowledgeable, simple, and concise article writings by the scholars from across the globe to share views, research ideas, research summary, and updates.
Becoming a scientific reporter involves combining a strong foundation in science and journalism, as well as a passion for communicating complex scientific concepts to a wide audience. Here are some steps you can take to become a scientific reporter:
- Earn a degree in a scientific field: This can provide a strong foundation in scientific concepts and principles, which will be essential for understanding and reporting on scientific research. A degree in a scientific field can also help you to develop critical thinking and analytical skills that are valuable for any journalist.
- Pursue a degree in journalism: In addition to a scientific degree, you will also need to develop strong writing and communication skills. A degree in journalism or a related field can provide training in writing for different media platforms, such as print, online, and broadcast.
- Build a portfolio: As with any journalism career, it is important to build a portfolio of writing samples that demonstrate your skills and interests. This can include articles, blog posts, or other writing that showcases your ability to report on scientific topics in a clear and engaging way.
- Gain experience: Experience is crucial in any journalism career, and scientific reporting is no exception. Consider internships or entry-level positions at science magazines, news organizations, or other outlets that cover scientific topics. This can provide valuable experience and help you to build connections in the industry.
- Network and build connections: Building connections with scientists, researchers, and other experts in your field can be a valuable resource for finding story ideas and sources for your reporting. Consider attending conferences, joining professional organizations, and participating in online communities to meet and connect with other professionals in the field.
By following these steps and continuing to learn and develop your skills, you can build a successful career as The Scientific Reporter. It is important to be persistent and dedicated, as becoming a scientific reporter can be competitive and requires a strong foundation in both science and journalism.
However you can start a career being a part of our platform.
Write on Scientific Reporters!
Scientific Reporters accepts knowledgeable, simple, and concise article writings by the scholars from across the globe to share views, research ideas, research summary, and updates to add value to the research community.
How can you publish your article
Drop us a message through contact form. We will provide you login details to add your write up. Please go through our suggestions and guidelines for writing an article for us.
Guideline for the writeup
Writeup can be added upon creation of author’s account and after logging in into your Author’s account using add article link.
- Original published research progress in the form of article is acceptable.
- Since your research is already published, data or images can be provided in the form of link to your original published source.
Articles from following categories are invited-
- Research in the field of Life Sciences and multidisciplinary domain.
- Publication or summary having impact on humanity.
- Research idea or analysis of research gap in the relevant field.
What you should know?
It may take time to process your article through our review and editing process, so we expect your patience for the same. We will reject unpublished research as we are not a publishing journal or publishing agency.
Frequently asked questions before you become The Scientific Reporter
Why my article wasn’t published?
Article curation for publishing on our platform undergoes steps of process to ensure updated, relevant and accurate information. We optimise the articles for better readability. These measures help us ensure quality of information on our platform and may result in delay in update about progress of your submitted articles.
Why was my article modified from the original submission?
We try to keep articles simple and informative, therefore either deletion or addition ensures best version of the title. In case of any issue, authors may contact us with their relevant concern mentioned in the message.
Why the images are not originally posted instead of linked to original source?
We respect IPR rights of digital objects. Ensuring right credit and permission of using any digital object not originally created by the author may result in adapting best fit method of usage of it.
Why was my article published but the data provided was not retained by me?
We do not encourage research data to be put here, instead should hold reference to the original published research article. Our team may decide if the data should be kept or removed with citation of the original source.
What is my article publishing delayed?
As article publishing procedure is time taking to ensure quality, our procedure and team takes time to finalise it resulting unexpected delay.
Accidently, I provided wrong interpretation, what can I do?
In case you find ambiguity in the information contained in your writeup after the article getting published, we suggest you to immediately report us or update the article using your login access to put updated version in the revision queue.
Can my article be unpublished as I have been paid for the article somewhere else?
Once article published on our platform can be modified. Therefore, we recommend to keep the summary and cite your moved article. However, our team may decide the best for your request of removal or modification about the article.
Are there terms conditions for writing for Scientific Reporters?
Being a Scientific Reporter, we dedicate our efforts to keep the platform with quality and updated infromation. Therefore, the terms conditions revolve around this motto. We encourage you to go through our terms conditions of usage and writing.
Can I get paid for writing for Scientific Reporters
We understand that finance and information are strongly connected. Therefore, we occasionally invite articles occasionally apart from regular submission and curation process. We spread this information through different channels.
I want to join The Scientific Reporters team to assist in editorial process
We always welcome enthusiastic scholars and students to join our team and work with us in our editorial process. Our team will ensure that we incorporate better candidates in our team to ensure our standard quality.
I want to join The Scientific Reporters for other than editorial process
We have other positions than editorial workflow to manage this platform. We let these positions know you through our positions page.
How does The Scientific Reporters manage the platform financially?
We incur charges to manage the platform. Currently, our platform is managed and funded by colleagues, teachers and students in our contact.
For any other query, please feel free to write to us through contact method on this platform.