Editorial Position at Elsevier
Our team works with Editors, Authors, Reviewers and colleagues to manage the end-to-end editorial publication process. We ensure timely and high-quality delivery of our content, delighting our health and research customers every step of the way. We’re truly a global team, with colleagues across the world.
About the Editorial Role
As an Editorial Project Manager Serials, you will be responsible for a wide and interesting range of activities around creating content for various customers and platforms. You will take ownership for coordinating multiple projects to ensure successful collaboration for content quality and publication. You will provide advice and guidance to authors, contributors and editors to help them through the publication process. The main task of the Editorial Project Manager is to manage and develop all volumes in assigned series from pre-production manuscript stage through final production stages to ensure on-time publication of volumes.
Responsibilities of Editorial Project Manager
• Managing multiple digital and print content projects though pre-publication to publication to ensure effective and accurate management and publication of print and digital assets
• Collaborating with global cross-functional teams, authors, editors and contributors to solve problems and ensure successful on-time project publication
• Building relationships with authors, contributors and editors to provide updates and guidance throughout the publication process to deliver an exceptional experience (through EMSS)
• Creating and providing reports to communicate the progress of titles to Content Team Manager, Acquisitions Editors and Publishers
• Communicating project statuses and updates to internal stakeholders to resolve issues and ensure quality and on-time publication
Requirements for the Position
• Have solid process management and multitasking skills and show a keen eye for detail
• Have experience collaborating with teams to coordinate and deliver successful projects or initiatives
• Show experience of solving problems by implementing creative solutions that make a difference
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to engage and build relationships
• Have excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new systems
• Thrive on working collaboratively and enjoy supporting, mentoring and motivating your team members
• Have great organizational skills and be able to provide timely and consistent support to teams and our scientific community
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of nine years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
Working with Elsevier
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
• Group Health Insurance Policy (covering self and family)
• Group Life insurance/accident policy
• Generous long-service awards
• New Baby gift
• Casual Leave, Sick Leave, Privilege Leave, Compassionate Leave, Special Sick Leave, Gazetted Public