Content Development Specialist at Elsevier
Elsevier is the world’s leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information, tools and resources. A global company, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations.
About the Content Development Specialist Role
Develop, manage & execute a customer-focused content publishing strategy for assigned medical reference products. Clearly define the content development plan per portfolio. This includes developing content, determining format, multimedia components, revision frequency & new products. Accountable for managing and developing assigned review volumes from pre-production manuscript stage through final production stages to ensure on-time publication of volumes.
Responsibilities of Content Development Specialist
• Welcoming all new volume editors and every lead chapter author with letters, guidelines, and directions
• Initiating EMSS site setup requests and checking newly created sites for accuracy
• Answering author and editor queries including sending reminders about deadlines
• Following up on outstanding manuscripts with authors and editors
• Engaging in email and sometimes phone conversations with authors and editors
• Reviewing for completeness upon receipt of manuscript and matching specifications, and addressing issues that arise
• Creating and submitting permissions log and answering permission queries
• Monitoring production progress and mitigating issues that arise post-transmittal
• Managing vendors by answering queries and addressing problems
• Compiling front matter manuscript and reviewing front matter proof according to a checklist
• Be able to manage a large volume of work on an expedited, critical schedule
• Have strong organizational, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills
• Have a flexible and creative approach to problem solving; be attentive to detail
• Have ability to manage authors and interact with them
• Be familiar with acceptable formats for digital text and art; Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Photoshop; and a familiarity with electronic manuscript submission systems.
• Have experience in managing multiple, high-priority projects.
• Have complete Bachelors in any discipline
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of nine years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, family leave and tuition reimbursement, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and long-term goals.
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
• Group Health Insurance Policy (covering self and family)
• Group Life insurance/accident policy
• Generous long-service awards
• New Baby gift
• Casual Leave, Sick Leave, Privilege Leave, Compassionate Leave, Special Sick Leave, Gazetted Public Holiday and Maternity/Paternity Leave